Buyer Agency...What is it and how can it benefit you, as the Buyer?
As a homebuyer can choose to work with a buyer’s agent or a selling agent. Either way, your agent is a specially trained professional, licensed by the state of Wisconsin, who is obligated by law to treat all parties to a real estate transaction fairly.
Selling Agent: If you work with a selling agent, there is no contract between you and the agent, and you are not the agent’s client. You will, however, receive a Disclosure of Real Estate Agency form that lists the fair treatment duties owed to you and indicates that the selling agent is the home seller’s agent.
Buyer’s Agent: If you work with a buyer’s agent, you are the buyer’s agent’s client. You and the buyer’s agent sign a WB-36 Exclusive Buyer Agency Agreement that includes a Disclosure of Real Estate Agency. The Disclosure lists the fair treatment duties owed to all parties and the duties owed to you as the client, and indicates that the buyer’s agent is the agent of the buyer.
- Your Buyer's Agent will suggest an offering price or give you an opinion about whether a particular Wisconsin property is priced correctly.
- Your Buyer's Agent will offer a critique of a seller's property beyond disclosing defects and will look for adverse material defects for your benefit.
- Your Buyer's Agent will help you write the offer with your best interests in mind.
- Your Buyer's Agent will help find information about the property's history and liens so you can make an informed decision.
- Your Buyer's Agent will give you advice within the scope of expertise as a licensed Wisconsin Real Estate Professional.
- Your Buyer's Agent will help you in obtaining financing.
- Your Buyer's Agent will inform you of local real estate market conditions.
- Your Wisconsin Buyer's Agent will help you negotiate the purchase and assist you in the transaction to help you get the best possible price.
- Your Wisconsin Buyer's Agent will provide honest treatment, loyalty, confidentiality, and financial accountability.
- Your Buyer's Agent will structure the offer with your best interests in mind.
- A Buyer's Agent is almost always a free service, this is because the Buyer's Agent is paid from the Listing Agents commission. In the end a Wisconsin Buyer's Agent will save you time and money.